Start Your Own Fashion Line- Fashion Business Mentoring Course
Course Name: Start Your Own Fashion Line
Course Price Upfront: $550 Upfront- No More to Pay
Payment Plan Option: $49/ week for 12 weeks
Course Duration: Self Paced Online: 3 to 12 months
Course Delivery: Online -includes weekly E-classes emailed to you, video tutorials and downloadable templates. Also includes business mentoring support from our staff support faculty.
Learning Outcome: Successfully Launch Your Own Fashion Line
Start Your Own Fashion Line Online Course
If you have ever dreamt of starting your own fashion line- let us help you make it a reality!
This program is specifically designed to help you successfully launch your own line of clothing or accessories.
Step by Step instructions will be given taking you through the process of building your own fashion brand, getting your designs made with a manufacturer, and then selling your designs to potential store owners, buyers and retail chains.
There are various manufacturing and supplier Eclasses, helping you source the right fabric suppliers, and find the right manufacturers. You will also receive templates for tech packs, quality control checklists, supplier contracts, and order forms.
The course also covers how to get your label to an international presence, get your website up and running, and create your own online store to sell your designs.
There are various marketing Eclasses designed to help you market your label and sell your designs. Resources include PR contact lists, Press Release Templates, Marketing plan templates, social media training, and advice on how to build a large global following of your brand- both online and offline.
If you are struggling with Illustrating or communicating you designs, we provide you fashion illustration figure templates- to help you quickly and easily professional draw your designs.
We also provide Adobe Illustrator Eclasses to help you develop your tech packs.
Individual advice and guidance is given during this program tailored to your requirements.
DESIGNING YOUR RANGE/ COLLECTION
- Fashion illustration 101- How to illustrate your collection professionally ( even if you cant draw!)
- Finding a niche market for your collection
- Compiling your collection- ideal number of pieces to include and range mix
- Designing best selling items- factors to ensure you have in your collection
- How to price your designs- for profit
- Sourcing manufacturers to make your designs ( so you don’t have to sew it yourself)
- Developing garment tech packs
- How to stand out from your competition
PRODUCTION / MANUFACTURING
- Finding trustworthy manufacturers and suppliers (local and international)
- How to get manufacturers to want to deal with you- and not rip you off
- How to communicate with manufacturers/ factories when English is their second language
- The sampling process- as overcoming sampling mishaps
- The production process- minimum orders, sampling and bulk production
- Terms and conditions and contracts with your manufacturers
- How and where to source the best fabric and trims- for wholesale pricing
- Where to print your own pattern design on fabric ( sublimation and digital printing)
- Putting together your tech packs correctly
- Swing tags, labelling and packaging
- Importing – dealing with customs agents, and shipping. ( sea or air?)
BUSINESS GOAL SETTING
- Business plan template for a Fashion / Clothing Line
- Business planning and goal setting
- Registering your business name, and website domain names
- Obtaining funding- best funding programs available for small business owners
- Government grants
- Financial costings- planning how much capital will you need
- What months you should be releasing your collection
- Fashion time frames- and lead times
SALES / MARKETING
- How to market your fashion line on a shoe string budget
- Creating your brand and vision
- Building a low cost but highly effective marketing plan
- Building your social media channels to promote sales of your collection
- Writing an effective press release and Media Contacts List
- How to find stockists
- How to sell to a fashion buyer ( how to get an appointment, how to prepare for the showing, and how to present.)
- Creating a range plan and look book
- Preparing your order forms and terms and conditions of trade
- Strategies for getting traffic to your own website
- Advanced social media strategies for clothing labels- using pinterest, instagram and facebook.
ONLINE STORE / WEB PRESENCE
- How to set up your own online store and/or website- for under $100
- Setting up a facebook page, blog, youtube channel, instagram, pinterest
- Planning and implementing a social media marketing strategy
- How to increase your followers on social media channels
- Google rules and ranking secrets to getting found online
- How to increase your sales on your online store
- Payment gateways to accept payments online from your e-commerce store
- Putting together a sales plan
- Pre-selling your collection prior to bulk production
- Costing your collection- raw cost, wholesale cost and retail cost.
- Selling wholesale vs selling from your own online store ( profit margin differences)
- Budgeting for your sampling process
- How to double your profit